Fire has gutted the personal residence of the outgoing Governor of Kano state, Dr Abdulahi Umat Ganduje at Miyangu Street in Nassarawa GRA Kano.
The state fire service confirmed the fire outbreak to reporters on Thursday, saying the outbreaks occurred on Monday.
Spokesman of the state fire service, Saminu Abdullahi explained that the fire was already under control by the time firefighters got to the residence.
Our correspondent gathered that the fire started at a place where Ganduje rears cows and was destroyed and many of the animals died in the inferno, with other multi-million naira property razed down.
A source confirmed to our correspondent that the cause of the fire was not immediately known but it started during the cause of metal welding in the house as work was still ongoing to make the place a befitting residence for Kano State’s outgoing governor.
The Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Abba Anwar declined to comment when contacted.