Home » Why we established Dangote Ultra Modern Skills Acquisition Center – Ganduje

Why we established Dangote Ultra Modern Skills Acquisition Center – Ganduje

0 comment 2 minutes read

 

 

The Kano State Government, said on Saturday that it has established an Ultra Modern Skills Acquisition Center, as part of its measures to address unemployment among the youths.

Gov Abdullahi Ganduje made the disclosure while conducting the Chief of Naval Staff, Awwal Zubairu-Gambo, and other Senior Naval Officers round some of the projects executed by his administration.

Zubairu-Gambo, was in Kano for the Chief of Naval Staff Annual Conference (CONSAC), 2021.

He said that the center was named after the richest man in Africa, Aliko Dangote Ultra Modern Skills Acquisition Center, Kano.

“The genesis behind this project is that, Kano State is the most populous state in the federation, by implication, we have the highest number of youths.

“And if care is not taken, and if care is not taken, we will have the highest number of unemployed youths.

“Therefore, we must make our population a quality one, and without such of these centres, our population will be a liability, rather than an asset.

“So, we have taken the root for making our youths an asset to people of Kano State and Nigeria in general,” he said.

The governor explained that the government had conducted a research, where 23 skills were identified to make people self-reliant.

Ganduje said the government also employed a consultant who designed the complex and the machines to be used at the centre.

He further said that the government has made adequate arrangement to ensure sustainability of the centre.

“Sustainability is important, without which, after some few years, you will find out that the center is closed.

“In order to prevent that, we employed some highly trusted and technical people from Europe for a solid foundation of sustainability, we are making law on that,” he said.

Ganduje revealed that 60 per cent of admission would be reserved for youths from Kano state, while the remaining 40 per cent would be given to people from other parts of the country.

“So, we can now make it for the unity we are always call for,” he said.

In his remarks, the Naval Chief, Vice Admiral Awwal Zubairu-Gambo, commended the governor for establishing the centre, which he said, would go a long way in addressing unemployment.

He said that the Nigerian Navy would also establish logistics college in Kano.

Zubairu-Gambo said that the Navy would share a lot of things with the center, because he was impressed by what he saw there.

You may also like

Leave a Comment

About Us

We are a media platform published by Prime Time Newspapers Limited, based in Kano. its committed to passionate, insightful and objective coverage on democracy, governance, business, security and humanitarian values.

Feature Posts

Newsletter

Subscribe my Newsletter for new blog posts, tips & new photos. Let's stay updated!

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More