From Abubakar Rabilu, Gombe
Governorship aspirants of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Gombe State have rejected an alleged move by former APC governorship aspirant, Isa Ali Pantami, to join the PDP governorship race after participating in the All Progressives Congress (APC) primaries.
In a communiqué issued on Saturday, the aspirants said they had already agreed to allow the party leadership, under the guidance of Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo, to select one consensus candidate among them for the 2027 governorship election.
The aspirants said the agreement was reached in the interest of party unity, discipline, and internal democracy, adding that they had signed an undertaking to abide by the party’s decision.
They condemned what they described as an attempt to bring into the PDP primaries an aspirant who had already contested in the APC governorship primaries held on May 21, 2026.
According to them, allowing such participation could violate democratic principles and expose the party to avoidable legal disputes.
The communiqué was signed by Alhaji Abdulkadir Hamma Saleh, Hon. Khamisu Ahmed Mailantarki, Usman Aliyu Garry, and Monica Kaltho.

