The Kano State Chapter of Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) under the Chairmanship of Kano State Chapter Goni Faruk Umar, on Thursday organized conference and exhibition to harness the productive and innovative capacity of Northern Nigerian Youths for wealth creation.
The event which was held at Dangote Business School, Bayero University, Kano, was in collaboration with Dangote Business School and Media Trust Limited.
The event is imperatively important to harness the skills and promote self-reliance of the teeming Youths of the region.
The conference was chaired by Chancellor, Umaru Musa Yar’adua University (UMYU), Sen. Ibrahim Ida, Alhaji Tajuddeen Aminu Dantata as the Chairman of the first Session of Discussants and Alhaji Adamu Aliyu Kiyawa as the Chairman of the second Session of Discussants.
The two papers delivered at the conference by Mr Farouk M. Gumel (Chairman Board of Directors of Union Bank Plc.) and Prof Murtala Sabo Sagagi (Former Dean of Dangote Business School) after which a panel of discussants consisting of Mr Temi Popoola (CEO Nigerian Exchange Ltd), Gen Muhammad Buba Marwa (NDLEA Chairman), Prof Bala Ado K/Mata (Dean Dangote Business School), Prof Fatima Batool Mukhtar (VC Azman University), Mr Salami M. A (Regional Coordinator of NEPC) with some other key discussants discussed further on the topics.
Eminent personalities who graced the events were, Emir of Kano Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, Emir of Bichi Dr. Nasiru Ado Bayero, General Halliru Akilu ACF Kano BOT Chairman, Alhaji Shehu Mohammed, ACF BOT National Chairman Alh. Bashir Dalhatu, Prof Sagir Adamu Abbas, (VC Bayero University Kano), Barr. Aishatu Dankani, Alhaji Sa’idu Dattijo Adhama, among others.
The conference conclude with an exhibition by Young Northern creative inventors and innovators under four categories which include; AGRICULTURE, TRANSPORTATION, ENERGY/ICT and SECURITY/TECH category respectively.
The event produced seven (7) winners under the above four categories as follows:
1. Abdul Nuruddeen under ENERGY/ICT category with Rechargeable organic battery from starch and multifaceted intravenous computerized system, graphical user interface (GUI) for monitoring weather and solar cell conducting plate projects from U/Rimi Degel 2 Kaduna North local government area of Kaduna State emerges the First Position with token of One Million Naira (N1000,000) plus award and certificate.
2. Engr Uba Sani Kibiya under AGRICULTURE category with Eggs Incubator, Vegetable dryer and hybrid mobile cold-room projects from Kibiya local Government of Kano State emerges the Second Position with token of Five Hundred Thousand Naira (N500, 000) plus award and certificate.
3. Sa’id Ahmad Idris under SECURITY/TECH category with ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) Equipment and Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) projects from Nassarawa local government area of Kano State emerges the Third Position with token of Three Hundred Thousand Naira (N300, 000) plus award and certificate.
4. Sa’idiyyu Muhammad under ENERGY/ICT category with Home Automation and Industrial Automation (IOT) from Kano Municipal local government of Kano State emerges the Fourth Position with token of Two hundred and fifty Thousand Naira (N250, 000) with certificate.
5. Khadija Lawan Garo under ENERGY/ICT with Electronic Control Unit (Tricycle Brainbox) project from Gwale local government of Kano State emerges the Fifth Position with token of Two Hundred Thousand Naira (N200, 000) with certificate and Two Atampa for the two ladies.
6. Umar Yusuf under TRANPORTATION category with Motorized Bikes projects from Gere Local government of Maiduguri Borno State emerges the Sixth Position with token of One Hundred and fifty Thousand Naira (N150, 000) with certificate.
7. Abdurrahman Auwal Abdu under AGRICULTURE from Fagge Local Government of Kano State with Solar Pesticide Sprayer project emerges the Seventh Position with token of One Hundred Thousand Naira (N100,000) with certificate.
And all the remaining participants were awarded Fifty Thousand naira (N50,000) with certificate of participation. Vote of Thanks, the way forward and presentation of Communiqué was done by the LOC Chairperson Hajiya Uwani Yahya and a closing prayer by Sheikh Ibrahim Khalil.