loader image
February 28, 2024
News

No abandoned projects in Kaduna under El-Rufai says Official 

The Chairman of the Project Verification Committee in Kaduna State, Sabi’u Sani, has said that no contractor collected money from the state government and abandoned projects under the last administration of former governor Nasir El-Rufai.

Sani’s reaction in a statement titled: ‘clarification on the statement credited to me regarding ongoing projects in Kaduna State’, noted that there was no iota of truth in the report credited to him

The chairman was reacting to a report that claimed he said that the state may go after some contractors who collected money and abandoned projects in the last administration.

But the chairman in the statement released to newsmen on Sunday, said the primary mandate of the committee was to determine the status of ongoing projects and those in the pipeline to ensure the speedy completion of all priority projects in the state.

“The committee visited some project sites on Friday, 14th July 2023. At the end of the visits, I addressed the media on the Committee’s mandate, our findings so far, and the next steps.

“I shared with the media information on the extent of work on some of the projects and what the contractors informed us are required to speedily complete the projects.

“The primary mandate of the committee is to determine the status of ongoing projects and those in the pipeline, in order to ensure the speedy completion of all priority projects in the state.

“The statement credited to me that some contractors collected payments and abandoned their projects is incorrect and merely a product of the fertile imagination of the reporters,” he said.

 

Share Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *